What should happen during a fire sprinkler inspection?
1. Inspect to verify that the sprinkler system is free of physical damage.
2. Test all system water flow alarm devices.
3. Test all preaction/deluge valves.
4. Test all dry pipe valves/quick-opening devices
5. Inspect fire department connections.
Annual / Semi-Annual Inspections:
1. Test the main drain of each riser to determine whether there has been a change in the condition of the water supply piping and control valves.
2. Inspect and ﬂow test all private hydrants.
3. Inspect supply of spare sprinkler heads and replace as required.
4. Inspect and re-rack all standpipe hose annually.
5. Backflow / Cross Connection devices shall be tested annually.
Five Year Maintenance:
1. Test extra-high temperature sprinkler heads as per NPFA document.
2. Flow test & hydrostatic test standpipe systems.
3. Test standpipe pressure control and pressure reducing valves.
4. Test standpipe hose.
5. Test all gauges.
6. Private hydrant flow test of exposed and underground piping.
7. Inspect fire protection water tank for corrosion